Fall 2016 Seminar
The NSABBA will be hosting a Fall Seminar to answer questions and provide important information regarding the upcoming show. The expected date is Oct 1st, 2016 - exact location TBA but will be within HRM. We'll be covering such topics as:
- Motivational talks
- Suit presentation
- Stage presence
- Mental prep/visualization
- Registration expectations
- Contest day expectations
- Post show nutrition
- Questions & Answers Panel
Just one additional request - Please visit the [ Rules / Info ] section of the website to familiarize yourself with rules and regulations of interested categories prior to the seminar.
2016 East Coast Classic
The registration for the 2016 East Coast Classic (Provincial Qualifier) is now online (link below).
The East Coast Classic (Provincial Qualifier) is open to qualified members and as such, permanent residents of NS ONLY. This does not include students temporarily residing in the province. Students not permanently residing in NS must compete with the association that governs their native province. A Nova Scotia health card is acceptable proof of residency and WILL be requested at the weigh-in this year.
Information on the official host hotel and poster is coming very shortly. Any questions on the contest itself (unrelated to qualifications or registration) should be forwarded to the Contest Promotor at EastCoastClassic2016@gmail.com.
Note regarding Atlantics
To compete in a non NSABBA (but CBBF sanctioned) event, such as the Atlantic Classic, you must be an active NSABBA member. Membership can be purchased for $20 - PayPal link is in the info/rules section.
Note that you do NOT need to purchase a membership if registering for the NSABBA Provincials - it's included with the contest entry fee.
2016 NS Provincial Championships Results
Men's Bodybuilding Overall: Jerrico Gray
Men's Physique Overall: Matthew Fox
Men's Classic Physique Overall: Tyler Doucette
Figure Overall: Rebecca Poole
Bikini Overall: Ceci Nguyen
Men's Best Poser: Jerrico Gray
Women's Best Poser: Debbie Fury
[ Full Results ]
2016 NSABBA Provincials Program
Funding for National Shows
Athletic funding is available for NSABBA athletes to assist with the financial burdens with competitions. We offer funding for IFBB/CBBF/NSABBA sanctioned events only (which generally applies to CBBF national events).
Please visit the [ Funding Application Page ] in order to apply.
Remember - Requests for funding must be received by the Executive committee 30 days prior to the National / International Event
Membership for out-of-province shows
Membership is included in the registration of a NS based contest (NS Provincials or NS Novice ECC), however, to compete in a non NSABBA (but CBBF sanctioned) event, such as the Atlantic Classic, you must be an active NSABBA member.
So again, you DO NOT NEED to purchase a membership for any NSABBA sanctioned show in the province. It is included with registration.
Click the PayPal link below to purchase membership or Interac eTransfer $20 to firstname.lastname@example.org (provide us password in separate email).
2015 NSABBA Novice Show (East Coast Classic)
Results are online and photos are coming shortly!
- Mens Bodybuilding Overall: Joel Price
- Mens Physique Overall: Matthew Fox
- Figure Overall: Charmaine Miller
- Bikini Overall: Catherine Gillingham
Full Contest Results
NSABBA Athlete Funding for National Shows
The NSABBA supports Nova Scotia's athletes as they strive to pursue excellence and achieve success at the highest national / international level in the sports of Bodybuilding, Physique, Figure, Fitness and Bikini. Funding amounts are determined yearly by the NSABBA Executive committee based on the amount of athletes wishing to compete at the National, International Level. Please review the funding criteria below to assist you in determining your possible eligibility.
- Requests for funding must be received by the Executive committee 30 days prior to the National / International Event
- Athletes must be qualified to compete at the National / International Level
- Must be an active NSABBA member in good standing *
- Must have a commitment to NSABBA/CBBF/IFBB organizations
* Any member wishing to compete at any sanctioned event must have a current NSABBA membership. Please note that all memberships lapse December 31st of each year. NSABBA Memberships dues can be deducted from athlete funding where applicable.
2015 Provincial Championships
The results for the 2015 Provincials are now online with top honors going to:
- Mens Bodybuilding Overall: Keiva Bundy
- Mens Physique Overall: Chevy Phillips
- Figure Overall: Karin Liiva
- Bikini Overall: Sonja Johnson
- Mens Best Poser: Keiva Bundy
- Womens Best Poser: Cindy Larson
Full Contest Results
New CBBF Leadership
We'd like to take this time to make a very special announcement. As some of your may have read, the CBBF president recently stepped down leaving that position vacant. Our very own NSABBA President of 15 years, Georgina Dunnington, has been chosen to take on this prestigious role! With Georgina stepping up that means she has to leave us for the time being. From the entire board, we congratulate you and wish you well on this leap forward!
We also want to make a special mention regarding two other very special people that have decided to step down, Steve Belding and Christina Belding. Some of you may already know but if not, it should be known that the father/daughter Belding team are co-founders of the NSABBA and have been here since the very beginning. 30+ years. Amazing - thank you, both, for helping get this party started
If there ever was a time for a standing ovation, it's now!
With these changes above, a change in the NSABBA is now necessary. Effective immediately, the following changes will be made to the NSABBA executive board structure:
President: Darren McKeigan
Vice Presidents: Shira Rubin / Leah Johnson
Treasurer/Secretary: Janelle Samson
Head Judge: Karen MacLean
We have one hell of a team so we're confident we'll have great success in the future!
NSABBA Qualification Tier
Now that the NSABBA has adopted another tier with the novice show, the qualification tier will stand as follows:
Provincial Qualifier to Provincials:
- Those placing first in their class at the Provincial Qualifier show are qualified for the next TWO provincials.
- Those placing 2nd-5th at the Provincial Qualifier show are qualified for the immediately following provincials.
- Those winning an overall title at the Provincial Qualifier show get a lifetime qualification to compete at the provincials.
- Those that place top 5 at provincials may compete at the NEXT TWO provincials without the need to re-qualify at the novice show.
- Those placing first in their class at provincials are qualified for the next TWO nationals.
- Those placing top 2nd and 3rd in their class at provincials are qualified for the immediately following nationals.
- Those winning an overall title at the provincials get a lifetime qualification to compete at the nationals.
- Those that place top 5 at nationals may compete at the NEXT TWO nationals without the need to re-qualify at provincials.
2014 Canadian Nationals Results in ANOTHER NS Pro
Chris is a well-respected veteran competitor and now joins the fine group of many other Nova Scotia IFBB pros.
We'd also like to congratulate the numerous other NS athletes that placed VERY well at the same Nationals.
Ann-Marie Flinn: 1st place Grandmasters Figure, 5th place Figure C
Peter Kennedy: 2nd place Physique Masters B, 14th place Physique B
Charles Ackerman: 16th place Physique B
Spencer Andrews: 16th place Physique C
Jodi Livingston: 3rd place Fitness A
Amanda Morrison: 2nd place Figure E
Marcia Olsen: 7th place Masters Figure D
Rebecca Evans: 13th place Bikini C
Becky Macintyre: 10th place Bikini D
Advertisement / Sponsorship
Are you interested in sponsoring a trophy class at the Provincial Championships or perhaps an advertisement spot in the program? Sponsorship funding goes directly towards running the championship shows and assisting athletes with future competitions (nationally and beyond). Advertisement opportunities start as low as $50. Please [ contact us ] if interested.
Important Announcement Regarding CBBF Affiliation
Any CBBF member who is found to be working with or promoting organizations not recognized by the IFBB/NPC/CBBF has contravened its rules and/or by laws and may be subject to disciplinary measures.
Professional athletes, judges, and officials from organizations not recognized by the IFBB/NPC/CBBF shall not be permitted to participate in or to promote their organizations in any capacity at CBBF or CBBF sanctioned events or those events conducted by CBBF affiliates.
Announcement Concerning Music
Please note that music containing profanity will NOT be allowed or tolerated during routines at any NSABBA contest. As the contest IS a family show, consequences of doing this will be more severe now. Any athlete that disobeys this rule and is found to have profanity in their music routine will be IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED. No exceptions.